Sunday, November 2, 2008

October Day on Elk River

Queen Shoals Gage Height = 4.31

I have never seen the Elk River as clear and blue as it was on October 26, 2008. The wind made the surface of the water a little choppy. The sunshine made it sparkle. It was a good day to be on the river.


This stretch of the Elk River, from Blue Creek to Mink Shoals, has plenty of wildlife. I often see Canada Geese, Mallard Ducks, and Great Blue Herons, as well as other waterfowl.


I took 60 photos that day. I will share some of them on future posts. I have to have something to post during December, January, and February. I do not anticipate being on the water much during those months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kayaking is my outdoor hobby. The Dragonfly Cruises is my indoor hobby. If you found something here you want to comment on, this is your the chance. So, go for it. I would enjoy hearing from you. --Dan