Monday, August 4, 2008

Elk River: Blue Creek to Mink Shoals (Photos)

Here are some photos from my August 3rd trip down the Elk:


This one shows Canada geese getting ready to land on the river.



In this shot of the bridge(s) at Elkview, the new one hides the old.


If you click on this photo and zoom in, you will see a great blue heron (I think) flying away.



I came upon this Irish setter playing in the shoals near Pleasant Island.


I ran into this obstacle, but was able to paddle around it on the right.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pics. Born and raised on Elk River.

    ReplyDelete

Kayaking is my outdoor hobby. The Dragonfly Cruises is my indoor hobby. If you found something here you want to comment on, this is your the chance. So, go for it. I would enjoy hearing from you. --Dan