Saturday, August 16, 2008

Four Hours on Upper Mud River Lake

My wife and I got all our chores done early this week so we could both relax and have fun this weekend. She opted to spend her free time at the mall with our youngest daughter. I decided to go kayaking.

All the rivers around here are low right now. Plus, I had no one to transport me from the put-in and take-out locations. So, I opted for another trip to Upper Mud River Lake.

I went early and paddled all over that lake for four hours. I was the Michael Phelps of kayaking. I think I covered all 306 acres. I found a secluded marina. It was like a ghost town. Turns out it is a 4-H camp. I had the whole place to myself. Fortunately, they left the port-a-johns unlocked. I had packed a lunch in my little cooler. I ate it on their deserted marina. It was so pleasant and peaceful. Zen-like…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kayaking is my outdoor hobby. The Dragonfly Cruises is my indoor hobby. If you found something here you want to comment on, this is your the chance. So, go for it. I would enjoy hearing from you. --Dan